By working with and within our community, the goal of Roar Offshore is to improve the Beach’s economy during a traditionally slower period through an annual race series and additional community events in support of the race and community.
The mission of Roar Offshore is to bring additional exposure and recognition to the boating, recreational, and entertainment opportunities that Fort Myers Beach has to offer while increasing tourism and community involvement.
Roar Offshore Impact:
- 60,000 – 70,000 spectators on land and water. Hosted by local Sponsors.
- Roar Offshore represents the Offshore Powerboat Associations National Championship with one of the largest Power Boat Racing prize purse in the USA.
- Statistics show Offshore Powerboat Racing attracts significant tourism dollars as well as hotel and condo rentals.
- Through the spectator and media experiences, Roar Offshore will be exposed to millions of people who would not otherwise be aware of the beautiful island.
- Race will be watched nationwide over television simulcast & Social Media.
- Program Guide Exposure with over 5,000 printed programs distributed before and during the race.
The Roar Offshore Board of Directors and Steering Committee is comprised of business and community leaders volunteering their time and efforts to create a World Class sanctioned powerboat race event on Fort Myers Beach. Each member takes responsibility for one or more aspects of the event utilizing resources and our Roar Offshore volunteer crew.